This no-bake mini pumpkin tart is very simple to make. It starts off with a date-almond crust and is filled with a mixture of pumpkin purée, coconut sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. What makes this tart special, however, is the inclusion of agar agar, which firms up the filling for a rich and dense consistency. Enjoy this tart as is or pair it with some dairy-free vanilla ice cream if you want to get really decadent.
No-Bake Mini Pumpkin Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for No-Bake Mini Pumpkin Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates, soaked for 5 minutes and drained
- 2 cups almonds
For the Filling:
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon agar agar
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 clove bud
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin purée
How to Prepare No-Bake Mini Pumpkin Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- First, make the crust. Place the dates and almonds in a food processor using an S blade and blend until you've reached a consistency where you can pinch the mixture together and it sticks. Set aside.
- For the filling, put the water in a small saucepan and sprinkle over agar agar. Allow it to soak for 10 minutes.
- While that is soaking, spoon out equal amounts of filling into each silicone cup mould and spread evenly to make a nice cup for the pumpkin purée. Set aside.
- Once the agar agar has finished soaking, bring the mixture to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until flakes have completely dissolved.
- Add in the coconut sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and clove bud and let it simmer until the sugar dissolves, stirring.
- Add in the pumpkin purée and stir until mixture is well combined. Simmer for a further 5 minutes. The mixture will be quite thick once the pumpkin purée has been added. Taste mixture and check if it is sweet enough for you. If not, add some more sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Pour mixture into all cups and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Place in refrigerator and wait for the pumpkin mixture to firm up. It should take about 30-45 minutes.
- Pop out of silicone cups and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.