Yes, pumpkin season is here. These No Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Oat Bars use a small amount of maple syrup as a sweetener and pumpkin purée as a healthy substitute for oil or butter. Making these fall-flavored oat bars could not be easier!
No Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Oat Bars [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups whole oats (Gluten Free certified if Gluten sensitive)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup unsalted almond butter (or other nut or seed butter of your choice)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the oats to a fine blend. Transfer the oats to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and stir well to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Cover with parchment paper on top and smooth the top.
- Chill for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator or one hour in the freezer.
- Once firm enough, cut into bars and serve.