There's nothing better than when you can make something that tastes like dessert but is actually nutritious! These paleo vegan baklava bars are packed full of sweet nutty flavor and healthy fats. They are made with wholesome ingredients like hazelnuts, walnuts, almond meal, raw tahini, and coconut flour. These bars fill a tray, so if you're looking for a dessert to bring to a potluck, look no further.
No-Bake Baklava Bars [Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup raw tahini or almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- A dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, make sure your nuts are chopped.
- In a skillet or pan, lightly heat chopped nuts, almond meal, coconut oil, and salt until lightly coated and toasted. Mix in maple syrup until it bubbles, then remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Next, place your nuts in a bowl and mix in almond butter or tahini extract and coconut flour.
- Spread and flatten into 8x8-inch dish to cool.
- Refrigerate or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Slice into squares and wrap each square in plastic wrap or foil to hold the texture.