YAY!! Hip Hip for these No Bake Apricot Quinoa Bites. Such a healthy treat for snackers! I love these little guys with their tangy, crunchy, sweet and tingling taste along with the side benefit of being a healthy treat. So easy to make and they have a shelf life of almost 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Quick and convenient!
No-Bake Apricot Quinoa Bites [Vegan]
- 1 ½ cups dried apricots
- ½ cups walnuts (chopped)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1/8 cup puffed quinoa
- To puff the quinoa - wash them very well and dry in the room temperature pressing them between kitchen tissues. If you want quinoa to dry quickly then put the washed quinoa in a preheated oven (400 degree Fahrenheit) stirring constantly. Don’t let them roast we just want quinoa to be dry.
- Once the quinoa is dried, heat a nonstick pan. (Make sure the pan is properly heated. You can test the temperature of the pan by sprinkling few quinoa grains. If it splutters that means the pan is ready). Now add the quinoa into the pan. It will start to splutter; stir constantly to avoid any burning or over cooking. Take it out in a bowl and let it cool completely.
- In a food processor/grinder combine the first 4 ingredients (apricots, walnuts, salt and vanilla extract). Grind it smooth until dough starts to form.
- Now take it out in a bowl and mix in raisins. (I used my hands to mix raisins evenly).
- Now divide the dough into 12 equal parts and form balls between your palms.
- Immediately roll out each ball into the puffed quinoa and serve.
As soon as you take out the dough quickly mix in the raisins and immediately roll in the puffed quinoa to avoid drying up. If the dough dries up and the quinoa does not stick properly grease your palms with a drop of oil and then make balls and roll in quinoa. If after making balls they dry up grease your palms with a drop of oil and moist the balls before rolling out in the puffed quinoa so that they stick well.