This sandwich is so simple to make and loaded with healthy ingredients. Make this for a packed lunch or cut into tiny bites to serve as a chic, little finger-sandwich appetizer! Impress your friends with this unique, vegan twist on a New York classic!
New Yorker Sandwich [Vegan]
- 4 pieces of seeded loaf bread, sliced (you can use any bread you have, even gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 cooked beets, thinly sliced and marinated in 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices of vegan cheese
- 4 medium sized pickles, thinly sliced
- Mix together the vegan mayo and mustard and spread 1/4 of it on each slice of bread.
- Place the spinach, beets, cheese, and pickles onto the bread.
- Cover with another piece of bread that has been spread with the vegan mayo and mustard mixture.
- Slice as desired!