A super easy mushroom recipe that is done in under 30 minutes. Cooked with an onion and fragrant spices, this mushroom mutter masala is so flavorful. You will definitely want to make this more than once! It's great as a main dish served with rice, but can also make a delicious side. Either way, everyone will love this mushroom mutter masala!
Mushroom Mutter Masala: Indian Mushroom and Green Peas [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mushroom Mutter Masala: Indian Mushroom and Green Peas [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small red onion, grated using the large side of the box grater
- 2 cups of thickly sliced White Button mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of green peas, fresh or frozen
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
How to Prepare Mushroom Mutter Masala: Indian Mushroom and Green Peas [Vegan]
- Heat the oil and add in the cumin seeds and wait until the seeds begin to sizzle.
- Add in the grated onion and cook until the onion begins to turn softly golden.
- Add in the mushrooms and mix well.
- Stir in the salt, powdered coriander, cumin, red cayenne pepper, and the black pepper with the green peas and mix well.
- Cover and cook for five minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 353 | Total Carbs: 22 g | Total Fat: 27 g | Total Protein: 9 g | Total Sodium: 90 mg | Total Sugar: 10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.