You won't miss the fish in this ceviche recipe. It's made with trumpet royale mushrooms which are thick enough to maintain its form while marinating in lemon and lime juice.
Mushroom Ceviche [Vegan]
- 1 8oz packs trumpet royale mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño pepper (if you like more spice then add more based on your preferences)
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 avocado cubed
1. In a resealable container mix the mushrooms, lime juice and lemon juice and together and stir together several times. Make sure the juice covers all of the mushrooms.
2. Store in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Remove the mushrooms from the refrigerator. Pour out half of the juice from the container.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Let the ceviche sit for about 20 minutes to let the flavors meld.
6. Serve with a salad or on its own.