This sandwich is so filling and delicious - full of yum spinach and mushroom patty.
Mushroom and Spinach Sandwich [Vegan]
- 2 sandwich buns or 4 slices of toast
- 4 large mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cayenne pepper or a piece of chili (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- Sweet or Dijon mustard
- 1 avocado
- spinach leaves
- arugula leaves
- Prepare a spicy margarine by grinding it in the blender with thyme, garlic and cayenne pepper or chili. Add the chopped parsley and the chopped tomatoes and crush again.
- Peel the mushrooms, place them face down on a baking tray covered with vegetable paper and spread them well with the spiced margarine (about 1 tablespoon per mushroom). Preheat the oven to 400ºF and bake the mushrooms 20 minutes until they are tender and the margarine melts.
- We spread a slice of bread from each sandwich with the mustard. On top we place the spinach and arugula leaves, avocado pieces and 2 mushrooms, cover with the other slice of bread.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile