This Moroccan Tagine “Couscous” is a beautifully aromatic vegan vegetable stew with just enough heat to give the dish a nice kick without overpowering the sweet spices.
Moroccan Tagine “Couscous” [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Stew:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 teaspoon grated ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon harissa (hot pepper paste) or sambal olek
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups zucchini chopped into 1/2 in chunks
- 2 cups carrots cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas drained & rinsed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- 3 cups quinoa cooked (1 1/2 cups raw)
- sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- Put all your ingredients into the instant pot and stir.
- Program your instant pot for 15 minutes on the pressure cooker setting.
- Once your timer has finished and the steam released, it is safe to open your lid. Serve with quinoa, top with mint and almonds. Enjoy!