These roasted carrots are sweet with just a little bit of smoky spiciness. They're the perfect side to any number of veggies an grains!
Moroccan Roasted Carrots With Harissa [Vegan]
- 2-3-pounds of fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Harissa paste (mild)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and place your rack in the center of the oven. Spray a baking sheet with a bit of olive oil and set aside.
- Trim the carrot tops leaving about 1/4-1/2 inch of the greens on the top. Scrub the carrots with a veggie brush removing all the dirt and leave the ends in tact.
- Next, take the garlic, syrup, oil, Harissa, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper and whisk together until blended.
- Lay your carrots out in a single file row on your baking sheet and pour your Moroccan spice mixture over the top, coating each of the carrots.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and rotate the carrots so they char evenly. Then return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until you can insert a knife into the center of the carrot easily, testing for doneness. Remove and let cool. Serve hot or at room temperature.