The mixture of flavors in this recipe is a pure explosion: the spices, the sweetness of the raisins, the crunch of the pumpkin seeds ... simply delicious!
Moroccan Couscous [Vegan]
- 1 cup of couscous + 1 1/2 cup of boiling water. Let stand 5-10 minutes until all the water has been absorbed
- 2 cups of chickpeas
- 2 large handfuls of raisins
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 handful of pumpkin seeds (with walnuts, almonds or cashews is also delicious)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of paprika (if you like spicy you can use 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika or cayenne)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in the pan and add the spices, salt and pepper, chickpeas and carrots and sauté for five minutes. Then add the raisins and pumpkin seeds and sauté for five more minutes. When it's done, put the couscous together with the ingredients in the pan, stir, serve and enjoy! That easy!
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile