Coffee is included it in this delicious pot of overnight oats for a more intense porridge, coupled the cacao to make it an even richer dish to really get the day going! Feel free to serve or add whatever you want, whatever your mood.
Mocha Overnight Oats [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: Add 1 scoop vanilla or coffee protein powder
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons maple or date syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the oats, cocoa powder, chia seeds, cinnamon and protein powder (if using) into a bowl or kilner jar and mix well. Pour in the milk, coffee syrup and vanilla and stir well.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning serve layered with yogurt and top with cacao nibs flaked almonds and berries. Drizzle with extra syrup and enjoy!