This is mocha granola is a special kind of breakfast! The surprisingly best part about this granola is drinking the milk after it’s been soaking in it! It’s literally a cold mocha latte. Win win for breakfast all around.
Mocha Granola [Vegan]
- 3 cups old fashion oats
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee/espresso
- 1/3 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place coconut oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and instant coffee in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine. Microwave more if the coconut oil is still lumpy (this mixture is really sludgy… it’s ok! It’s supposed to be that way)
- In a separate bowl, add the oats. Pour the cocoa/coffee mixture oven the oats and stir well to combine
- Place granola on a baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Stir gently (or just rotate the pan for larger chunks), then bake for another 15 minutes
- Cool granola completely, then stir in the chocolate chips!