For this dish, I went with a recipe that uses all my favorite ingredients: chocolate, coffee, banana (which is optional), almond butter, and happiness. Yes, happiness. I could have just topped the baked oatmeal with almond butter, but I decided to try something a little bit different. I tucked the almond butter inside. Feel free to make your own choices, but this is a fun and easy way to switch it up.
Mocha Baked Oatmeal With Almond Butter Center [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Mocha Baked Oatmeal With Almond Butter Center [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 ripe banana (or 1/2 cup's worth of zucchini + 1 tbsp maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- almond butter
How To Make Mocha Baked Oatmeal With Almond Butter Center [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- Mash banana (or puree zucchini) and mix with milk, vanilla extract, coffee granules, cocoa powder, and salt by either pureeing in a mini food processor or mashing thoroughly with a fork (lengthy process, but gets the job done).
- Stir in baking powder and oats.
- Transfer half the batter to the ramekin. Add almond butter to the center (as much as you want). You could keep it in a dollop at the center, or you could spread it as a full layer. Your choice.
- Top with remaining oatmeal batter and bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
I made this and it was utterly awesome – thank you.