Sugar-free, dairy-free, and made with just 5 ingredients, this vegan mint matcha ice cream is a prefect creamy treat for mint chocolate chip lovers. Mint is full of nutrients. It’s actually one of the most antioxidant-packed herbs. And bonus – it also may help with digestion. It can be a little pricey at the store but is easily grown in a garden, pot, or windowsill. The other key ingredient – matcha – adds a little flavor, but mostly color to this treat. Matcha is simply ground up tea leaves and can be found in the baking or tea section at most grocery stores. This vegan mint matcha ice cream can be made in minutes. Herb + tea + chocolate. YUM!
Mint Matcha Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 medium bananas, frozen
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/3-1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened or other non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Add frozen bananas, mint leaves, matcha and 1/3 cup almond milk to food processor. Process until smooth, adding almond milk as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Transfer to 2 serving bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon cacao nibs.
The consistency will be similar to soft-soft ice cream. For a more firm texture, stir in cacao nibs and then place nice cream in the freezer for 30-60 minutes.