These baked sweet potatoes are vibrant, flavorful, and a breeze to make! Simply bake the potatoes until warm and tender, slice 'em open, and fill with your favorite fixings. This particular recipe is for a Mexican-style potato with avocado, tomato, chili, jalapeño, and some refreshing cashew cheese. Yum!
Mexican Stuffed Baked Sweet Potato With Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 of 1 cucumber
- A large handful of tomatoes
- 1-2 avocados
- A handful of sprouts
- 1 large chilli
- 1 cos lettuce
- 1 red onion
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans
- Cashew cheese (recipe below)
For the Cashew Cheese:
- 1 cup of raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 1/4 cup of water plus more, if needed
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- To Make the Cashew Cheese:
- Rinse the cashews and then place them into your blender
- Add the water, the juice of the lime and lemon, and the salt.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- To Make the Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 356°F. While the oven heats, wash the sweet potatoes, and chop off any bad pieces or dry ends. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the potatoes on the tray. Bake for 1 hour.
- While the sweet potato bakes, start preparing the toppings. Drain the black beans and run under cold water before placing in a bowl. Chop the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, and red onion, and place in individual bowls. Place the jalapeños, sliced chili, and sprouts in small individual bowls.
- Place the toppings on the dining table and once the sweet potatoes are cooked and soft, cut a slit down the centre and 3/4 of the way into the sweet potato.
- Assemble as you desire and serve.
- Sweet Potato