This Mediterranean pizza comes with mashed avocado, fresh cherry tomatoes, creamy vegan cheese sauce, and a topping of turmeric falafel. Can you already imagine the aroma that would fill your kitchen as this bakes in the oven? If you're planning a pizza night, this should be on your "must-make" list. It's easy, flavorful, can be made gluten-free, and so delicious. This pizza tastes like a dream — a dream that you can turn into reality in less than 30 minutes.
Mediterranean Pizza With Turmeric Falafel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pizza:
- Vegan pizza crust of your choice (gluten-free, grain-free, etc...)
- 1 batch turmeric falafel
- 1 batch vegan cheese sauce (recipe below_
- 2 avocados
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- Parsley (optional)
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoons tahini sesame paste
- Make a batch of turmeric falafel While you bake or fry them, use the time to prepare a batch of cheese sauce.
- To make the cheese sauce, drain the cashews and transfer to a blender. Add vegetable broth and tahini. Process until smooth, then set aside.
- Chop the tomatoes and onions and set them aside.
- Start assembling the pizza on your personal favorite pizza crust. Mash the avocado with a potato masher or a fork and spread it over the pizza dough. Follow this with the onions and cherry tomatoes. Bake at 200°F for about 12 minutes. Then, add the Falafel on top and bake for another 3 minutes.
- When ready, sprinkle with the cheese sauce and optional parsley.