This Mediterranean pizza comes with mashed avocado, fresh cherry tomatoes, creamy vegan cheese sauce, and a topping of turmeric falafel. Can you already imagine the aroma that would fill your kitchen as this bakes in the oven? If you're planning a pizza night, this should be on your "must-make" list. It's easy, flavorful, can be made gluten-free, and so delicious. This pizza tastes like a dream — a dream that you can turn into reality in less than 30 minutes.
Mediterranean Pizza With Turmeric Falafel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Mediterranean Pizza With Turmeric Falafel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pizza:
- Vegan pizza crust of your choice (gluten-free, grain-free, etc...)
- 1 batch turmeric falafel
- 1 batch vegan cheese sauce (recipe below_
- 2 avocados
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- Parsley (optional)
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoons tahini sesame paste
How to Prepare Mediterranean Pizza With Turmeric Falafel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Make a batch of turmeric falafel While you bake or fry them, use the time to prepare a batch of cheese sauce.
- To make the cheese sauce, drain the cashews and transfer to a blender. Add vegetable broth and tahini. Process until smooth, then set aside.
- Chop the tomatoes and onions and set them aside.
- Start assembling the pizza on your personal favorite pizza crust. Mash the avocado with a potato masher or a fork and spread it over the pizza dough. Follow this with the onions and cherry tomatoes. Bake at 200°F for about 12 minutes. Then, add the Falafel on top and bake for another 3 minutes.
- When ready, sprinkle with the cheese sauce and optional parsley.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.