This meal prep roasted buddha bowl takes only 20 minutes of preparation and will offer you several meals. It’s full of vegetables, including roasted sweet potatoes, chickpeas and fresh leafy greens. You can also add other vegetables, making this bowl easily adjustable to what you have on hand. Simply double the recipe to serve a family!
Meal Prep Roasted Buddha Bowl [Vegan]
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or about 1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced
- 6 cups broccoli, cauliflower or brussels sprouts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Leafy greens for serving
- Sunflower seeds or hemp hearts
- Nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar (apple cider or white wine)
- 1 garlic clove (minced) or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons water, more as needed
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Place the prepared sweet potatoes, broccoli (or vegetable of choice) and chickpeas on 2 baking sheets. You want the vegetables and chickpeas to be well spread out to ensure even cooking.
Roast for 35 minutes or until well cooked and slightly crispy. You can keep the sweet potatoes an additional 5-10 minutes if you want them crispier.
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the tahini and lemon juice/vinegar. It should form a thick paste. Add the garlic and water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Whisk until smooth and runny enough for drizzling.
Prepare the bowls: Add one handful of greens in each bowl. Top with the roasted vegetables. Drizzle with the tahini dressing and top with seeds and nutritional yeast if desired.