These Paleo and Vegan Mashed Potatoes are just as good, if not better, than traditional mashed potatoes! They’re light, creamy, and flavorful, making it hard to believe they’re dairy-free and clean-eating! Now you can eat all the mashed potatoes you want without the unhealthy calories!
Mashed Potatoes [Vegan, Paleo]
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth or warm water
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- First start by peeling four large russet potatoes and cut them into cubes so they soften faster.
- Next, add the potatoes to a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Once they’re fork tender (about 20 minutes), dump them into a colander and rinse with water.
- Return the potatoes to the same pot you used to boil them and mash them with a potato masher.
- Once mashed, add the vegetable broth or water and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Lastly, add the spices and give it a whirl with your stand or hand mixer to make them extra creamy! You’re ready to serve! Garnish with chives if desired.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.