Maple glazed carrots are tender, sweet, and the perfect side dish to any Thanksgiving dinner! Made with Canadian maple syrup, these maple carrots are perfect for fall and pair so well with peas, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.
Maple Glazed Carrots [Vegan]
- 4 Large Carrots
- 1 teaspoon Vegan Butter
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary*
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- Bring a pot of water with a steamer basket to a boil.
- Peel carrots and chop them into small bite-sized coins.
- Steam carrots for about 12 minutes, or until they are tender. Try not to overcook them or they'll be too soft to fry!
- Heat a frying pan with butter over medium heat.
- Add steamed carrots to the pan. Stir in maple syrup, rosemary, and thyme.
- Fry carrots for about 10 minutes, or until they're golden and crispy.
- Serve with warm brown gravy, stuffing, and mashed potatoes!