Ever have an intense sweets craving, but no time or means to bake? Try these no bake brownies! Intense espresso paired with cacao makes for a decadent dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Best of all, it's made of dates, so you can indulge without feeling too guilty!
Macadamia Nut, Chocolate, and Espresso No Bake Brownies [Vegan, Gluten Free]
Ingredients You Need for Macadamia Nut, Chocolate, and Espresso No Bake Brownies [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup dates (soaked in hot water)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao
- pinch of himalayan rock salt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 30 milliliters freshly made organic espresso
- 15 grams organic cold pressed coconut oil (melted)
- crushed macadamia nuts for decoration
How to Prepare Macadamia Nut, Chocolate, and Espresso No Bake Brownies [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- Boil the kettle and add 1/2 cup boiling water to the dates in a small bowl. Allow to soak. Add the chia seeds to the dates to allow for them to swell.
- In a food processor, blitz the walnuts and macadamia nuts for a few seconds.
- Place the blitzed nuts into a mixing bowl, and add the almond meal, raw cacao and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Once the dates have softened, blitz them in the food processor until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add this paste to the nut and cacao bowl, and mix.
- Add the espresso and melted coconut oil, and mix thoroughly. Get your hands dirty if you have to.
- Lay out evenly in a lined deep dish, pressing down with the back of a tablespoon.
- Sprinkle over the crushed macadamia nuts, and place into the freezer to set overnight.
- Cut into even squares and keep in a sealed container in the freezer for up to 4 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.