What if we told you that you can eat chocolate for breakfast (or anytime!) in a way that gives you sustained energy without the caffeine jitters… AND is full of healthy superfoods? These Maca Matcha Chocolate Bars may make you raise an eyebrow, but they are gluten free, dairy free, vegan and a superfood treat you will want to make again and again.
Maca Matcha Chocolate Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup cocao butter
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1 tablespoon matcha
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a double boiler, melt cocoa butter and chocolate chips, whisking occasionally.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Adjust the flavor and consistency as needed (cacao powder to thicken, maple syrup to sweeten).
- Pour into a 4-cup glass measuring cup.
- Pour into six chocolate bar molds and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Keep refrigerated.
If you use the 2 saucepan method for a double boiler, you want enough water in the bottom that it doesn’t run out and burn your chocolate, but not too much that when it boils, it splashes onto the chocolate. Chocolate and water are not friends. Your chocolate will seize up if it comes in contact with water. When everything is melted together and you are ready to pour the chocolate into molds, you can go directly from saucepan to mold. BUT… it is recommended to pour the chocolate into a 4 cup or large size glass measuring cup. It makes it much easier to pour the chocolate into the molds in a consistent manner and you reduce the risk of making a mess.