Vegan London Fog. A simple tea latte made with Earl Grey tea, almond milk and vanilla. This cozy drink is made in 5 minutes of preparation and is perfectly infused with a light vanilla flavor.
London Fog Tea Latte [Vegan]
- 1 bag Earl Grey Tea
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste, optional
- Boil the water in a kettle, then steep the tea bag in 3/4 cup of hot water for 5 minutes. You want the tea to be strong.
- Meanwhile, bring the almond milk to a low boil in a small saucepan. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, while whisking vigorously. The milk should foam.
- Add the vanilla to the milk and whisk a few more seconds.
- Pour the warm milk over the strong tea. Serve immediately.
This recipe is best when made with pure vanilla extract. This will offer a better and richer vanilla flavor. You can also use scraped vanilla bean pods, but you will need to strain the milk before mixing it with the tea. Add sweetener to taste if desired. I prefer a tea that isn’t sweet, but you can easily add a liquid sweetener or sugar to taste. You can also use a milk steamer if you have one, instead of heating the milk in a saucepan.