This beautiful, healthy latte is spicy and slightly sweet with the color of gold warming your insides and lifting your soul. However, most notably it will support your health by boosting your immune system and reducing inflammation, thanks to the turmeric! Cheers to that!
Liquid Gold Turmeric Latte [Vegan]
- 1 cup fresh cashew or almond milk (soy milk will work fine too)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (adjust to your liking)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: 1 tablespoon coconut milk or cream
- To make the cashew milk, soak 1 cup raw organic cashews in water for 30 minutes. Strain cashews and place into high-speed blender. Add 4 cups filtered water, a tablespoon of either maple syrup or 1 pitted Medjool date, and a pinch sea salt. Blend on high for 1 minute. Pour into a glass jar and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Make sure to shake prior to using because particles will settle.
- To make the latte, pour 1 cup fresh milk into a small saucepan. Add turmeric, ginger, vanilla, maple syrup, and sea salt. Whisk together. If you want it extra creamy add the coconut milk as well.
- Heat the mixture over medium-high heat. Begin whisking to froth the foam and reduce heat to medium-low when mixture beings to simmer. Try to keep the mixture from boiling. Continue whisking until the foam thickens. The turmeric and ginger also thicken the milk, giving the drink a creamy texture.
- Remove from heat and pour into your favorite cup.