A syllabub is a sweet and simple, frothy English dessert typically made with whipped cream, wine or sherry, sweetener, and lemon juice. This simple vegan five-ingredient syllabub is just rich and creamy as the original with a hint of zesty lime. Serve chilled in glasses for the perfect minimalist dessert.
5-Ingredient Lime and Coconut Syllabub [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 14 fluid ounce-can full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 4 tablespoons coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon toasted coconut chips
- Open the can of chilled coconut milk and scoop out the solid cream, discarding the remaining coconut water (or reserve it for another recipe). Spoon the coconut cream into a mixing bowl and add the coconut yoghurt. Use an electric whisk to whip the cream, yoghurt, and maple syrup together for about 5 minutes until gentle peaks begin to form.
- In the meantime, finely grate the lime zest, then halve one of the limes, ready for juicing.
- Stir the lime zest through the creamy mixture (reserving a teaspoon for serving), then squeeze in the juice of 1/2 lime.
- Spoon into dessert glasses and top with a few toasted coconut chips and lime zest to serve.
Chilling a can of coconut milk will separate the cream from the water, so you can simply scoop out the cream to make the most delicious desserts.