Once you see how easy it is to make your own nut-based, vegan yogurt at home, you'll never buy one from the store again! There are a number of ways to make homemade yogurt but in this particular recipe, soaked nuts, water, and meat from a coconut, and probiotics are combined to create a tangy cream. This yogurt is packed with healthy probiotics, fat, proteins and so much more, so top it with your favorite yogurt fixings and dig in!
Raw Almond Coconut Yogurt [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Almond Coconut Yogurt [Vegan]
- 1 cup of soaked almonds or other nuts
- Water from 1 young Thai coconut
- Meat from 2 young Thai coconuts
- 6 probiotic capsules
- Cinnamon and cardamom, for topping (optional)
- Dates, agave nectar, or maple syrup, for topping (optional)
How to Prepare Raw Almond Coconut Yogurt [Vegan]
- First, soak your raw almonds in water for 24 hours. Soaking the nuts is crucial as this will activate the dormant enzymes and release the nutrients.
- Add soaked almonds, young coconut meat (from 2 coconuts), coconut water (from 1 coconut), and probiotics to the blender.
- If you'd like, add in spices such as cinnamon and cardamom or sweeten with dates, agave, or maple syrup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.