Once you see how easy it is to make your own nut-based, vegan yogurt at home, you'll never buy one from the store again! There are a number of ways to make homemade yogurt but in this particular recipe, soaked nuts, water, and meat from a coconut, and probiotics are combined to create a tangy cream. This yogurt is packed with healthy probiotics, fat, proteins and so much more, so top it with your favorite yogurt fixings and dig in!
Raw Almond Coconut Yogurt [Vegan]
- 1 cup of soaked almonds or other nuts
- Water from 1 young Thai coconut
- Meat from 2 young Thai coconuts
- 6 probiotic capsules
- Cinnamon and cardamom, for topping (optional)
- Dates, agave nectar, or maple syrup, for topping (optional)
- First, soak your raw almonds in water for 24 hours. Soaking the nuts is crucial as this will activate the dormant enzymes and release the nutrients.
- Add soaked almonds, young coconut meat (from 2 coconuts), coconut water (from 1 coconut), and probiotics to the blender.
- If you'd like, add in spices such as cinnamon and cardamom or sweeten with dates, agave, or maple syrup.