This pizza features a thin and crispy crust made from lentils! If you're looking for a gluten-free recipe, then this is the pizza crust you have to try. All it takes is a few simple ingredients and a blender — no yeast or the wait time that comes with it.
Lentil Pizza Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Lentil Pizza Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups dry red lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
How to Prepare Lentil Pizza Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Blend all ingredients until the lentils are thoroughly broken down.
- Preheat a frying pan (greased with a little bit of olive oil if needed) over low-med heat.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of batter into the frying pan and spread with the back of a spoon (it will look like a huge pancake).
- Fry for about 3 minutes or until top is dry/cooked through.
- Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 4-5 pizza crusts.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the pizza crusts on baking trays and top with sauce and toppings of your choice, and bake for around 10 minutes. Remove from oven, slice, and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Red Lentil
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1280 | Total Carbs: 224 g | Total Fat: 0 g | Total Protein: 88 g | Total Sodium: 1060 g | Total Sugar: 0 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.