This pizza features a thin and crispy crust made from lentils! If you're looking for a gluten-free recipe, then this is the pizza crust you have to try. All it takes is a few simple ingredients and a blender — no yeast or the wait time that comes with it.
Lentil Pizza Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups dry red lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Blend all ingredients until the lentils are thoroughly broken down.
- Preheat a frying pan (greased with a little bit of olive oil if needed) over low-med heat.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of batter into the frying pan and spread with the back of a spoon (it will look like a huge pancake).
- Fry for about 3 minutes or until top is dry/cooked through.
- Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 4-5 pizza crusts.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the pizza crusts on baking trays and top with sauce and toppings of your choice, and bake for around 10 minutes. Remove from oven, slice, and serve.
- Red Lentil