This vegan lentil oatmeal is a perfect low glycemic breakfast porridge recipe that will keep your blood sugar stable.
Lentil Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1.4 ounces unhulled lentils
- 1 ounce oat bran
- 5 ounces water
- 3 1/2 ounces soymilk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon mesquite flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup wild blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Start by soaking the lentils for 6-7 hours (or overnight). Rinse and drain.
- Next, cook soaked lentils and oat bran (uncovered) in water and soymilk until the lentils are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir whenever the oat bran starts to clump up or sticks to the bottom. Add more liquid if necessary.
- When the porridge is cooked, mix in the spices, mesquite, salt, and flaxseeds. Again, add more liquid if the porridge is too thick.
- Finally, garnish with wild blueberries and sunflower seeds.