You’re only 5 minutes away from a bright, lemony and fresh side dish. Asparagus always looks fancy, with its long, green stalks and vibrant color. Lemon Sautéed Asparagus is so delicately seasoned. The lemon brings out the natural grassy flavor of the asparagus, and gives the dish a a pleasant zing.
Lemon Sauteed Asparagus [Vegan]
- 5 asparagus stalks per person
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Snap off the end of each asparagus stalk at its natural breaking point. This ensures the tough bit will come off.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the asparagus.
- Add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper and water.
- Cover with a piece of tin foil or a lid and cook for 5 minutes, or until your preferred doneness.