If you are still not convinced of the fact that cauliflower is a super veggie, check out this recipe! When roasted, cauliflower makes an awesome replacement for chicken in the popular Chinese takeout dish lemon and orange chicken. Super delicious and super easy.
Lemon Orange Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cauliflower:
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
For the Lemon Orange Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice cooking wine)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a 15×10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the dredge mixture: whisk together the tapioca flour and salt in a medium bowl. Pour the coconut milk into a separate small bowl.
- To make the lemon orange sauce: whisk together the garlic, ginger, orange juice, coconut aminos, coconut nectar, lemon juice, and mirin in a medium skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients are thoroughly combined, about 3 minutes. Add the lemon and orange zests and stir to combine. Turn off the heat and let the sauce cool a bit. Pour the sauce into a medium bowl.
- Dredge the cauliflower florets in the tapioca flour mixture. Then dip them into the coconut milk and then into the lemon orange sauce.
- Spread all the florets evenly in one layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the sauce on the florets turns a light golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the baking sheet from the oven to a wire rack and transfer the cauliflower to a serving bowl. Top with the red pepper flakes. Serve immediately over brown rice or quinoa.
From Sweet, Savory, and Free by Debbie Adler https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Savory-Free-Delicious-Plant-Based/dp/1944648046/?tag=onegrepla-20