Treat yourself to a cake-inspired breakfast. The amazing lemon flavor will perk up your morning.
Lemon Olive Oil Cake Baked Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup's worth of peeled and diced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoon milk of choice, or water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a single-serving ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small food processor, combine zucchini, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and dates. Puree until smooth.
- Add in oats, baking powder, and salt. Pulse a few times to leave most or half of the oats full.
- Add one tablespoon of milk and stir with a spoon or spatula to make sure the mixture is thoroughly combined (but not pureed). If it looks too thick to you, add another tbsp. Taste. If the batter is not sweet enough for you, add a teaspoon or so of maple syrup.
- Pour into the prepared ramekin. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile