Tofu takes on the flavors of whatever marinade or sauce it’s cooked in. I like it with tomato sauce, but was curious about the lemon and herb marinade. I felt the marinade worked well with the Japanese style tofu I had in the freezer!
Lemon and Herb Tofu [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Small handful fresh parsley
- Small handful fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder to taste
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 pack of tofu cut into 4 slices
- Put everything but the tofu into a food processor and pulse until well combined. Adjust the flavors to suit.
- Transfer to a zip top bag.
- Add the tofu, seal the bag and turn to coat with the marinade. Allow to stand for 30 minutes of so.
- Heat a grill pan until hot and add the tofu slices. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until warmed through.