When figs appear at the Farmers Market, my face lights up. I adore figs and love making batches of fig jam, fig bread, fig chutney and more. Their natural sweetness lends perfectly to raw desserts like this tart, no added or processed sugars necessary!
Lemon and Fig Tarts [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of almond flakes
- 1/4 cup of coconut
- 1/4 cup of soft dates
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- ½ cup of almond meal
- 1 lemon- zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut nectar
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 fresh figs sliced to serve
- For the base, place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture comes together- it should be a sticky dough but still have some texture.
- Press the base into the bottom of 4 small spring form tart shells and place in the fridge to set.
- To make the filling, place all ingredients in the blender and blend on high until extra smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the 4 tart shells and return to the fridge to set- around 1-2 hours
- Before serving, place the sliced figs on top of each pie.