The combination of almonds, nutritional yeast, lemon zest, and salt make this almond Parmesan cheesy and bright. The lemon zest adds a tanginess and a fragrance that cuts through big, hearty flavors. Sprinkle this on your favorite savory dishes, like pasta and roasted vegetables, or try it on salads.
Lemon Almond Parmesan [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Zest of 1 organic or unwaxed lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon good salt
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you have a powdery consistency — this should take seconds.
- Be careful not to over-process, as it will start to turn into almond butter.
- Store in a sterilized jar and keep in the refrigerator.