You are just seven ingredients away from delicious Korean-style tofu. This recipe uses onion, soy sauce, sake, sugar, Korean chili powder, and scallion to create a flavorful and healthy meal. Garnish with some sesame seeds for added flair and texture.
Korean Braised Tofu [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Korean Braised Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu, cut into 16 squares
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Korean chili powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sake
- 1 scallion, cut into thin slices
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
How to Prepare Korean Braised Tofu [Vegan]
- Place onion slices on a non-stick skillet or frying pan, then top with slices of tofu.
- Mix sugar, Korean chili powder, soy sauce, and sake together. Pour over tofu slices.
- Cover the skillet with a lid. Turn the heat to high and cook until boiling. Turn the heat to medium-high, and cook for another 5 minutes, baste with the sauce a couple of times.
- Remove lid, turn the heat back to high, and cook until the sauce has reduced.
- Turn off heat, transfer to serving plate, garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.