You probably wouldn't think that kimchi and Brussels sprouts would go well together, as Brussels sprouts aren't exactly a traditional Korean food. But since they're both part of the cabbage family, it's actually a no-brainer! This side dish is comforting, spicy, and absolutely delicious and you could eat it with most anything, like rice, noodles, or even by itself!
Kimchi and Brussels Sprouts Stir-Fry [Vegan]
- 2 cups of brussels sprouts, shredded
- 2-3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegan kimchi, roughly cut into bit sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon water for cooking
- Olive oil for cooking
- Place your pan over medium heat. Once the pan is warm, add a few teaspoons of olive oil to thinly coat the bottom of the pan. Let the oil warm up, about 30 seconds.
- Add the minced garlic and stir to coat with oil. Cook garlic until the edges begin to brown (but not burn), make sure to stir continuously.
- Add the shredded brussels sprouts. Stir to mix with the garlic and oil. Add the water and continue to stir. Add the salt. Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes until sprouts are bright green and wilted.
- Add the kimchi. Stir well and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until kimchi is heated through.
- Serve immediately with rice, noodles, or as a filling between steamed buns.
- Brussels Sprouts