Kale salad with oil-free balsamic vinaigrette is a hearty and delicious side dish. The oil-free balsamic vinaigrette is massaged into kale to make it tender and is the perfect addition to any meal.
Kale Salad with Oil Free Balsamic Vinaigrette [Vegan]
- 1 recipe oil-free balsamic vinaigrette or 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 bunch kale stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 head purple cabbage cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil minced
- 2 granny smith apples cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted
- In a large bowl, toss 2 tablespoons of the dressing and a pinch of salt with the kale and, with clean or gloved hands, gently massage the kale for 4-5 minutes until wilted and reduced in size.
- Add the cabbage and herbs and toss to combine. Top with apples and pecans. Serve the remainder of the dressing on the side. Enjoy!