Oil-free balsamic vinaigrette is creamy, flavorful, and easy to make. Use this vinaigrette on your favorite salad, drizzled over veggies, or as a delicious marinade for portobello mushrooms. You’ll quickly fall in love with this oil-free dressing.
Oil Free Balsamic Vinaigrette [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 large dates such as Medjool or deglet noor
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you don't have a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, soak the sunflower seeds and dates in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- Add all ingredients to a blender container and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides a couple of times to remove any debris on the sides of the blender. Add more water as necessary to reach desired consistency of dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Dressing will thicken as it sits in the fridge. Stir in a little water to thin it out. Use as desired.