Jicama, also known as a Mexican yam bean, is a root vegetable — and we all know how great root vegetables are, especially in chip form. These jicama chips are a super healthy snack, low in calories and with a lot of fiber.
Jicama Chips [Vegan]
- 2 medium jicama, peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Cut the jicamas into super thin slices. Try to achieve the same thickness. You can do this with a mandolin or kitchen knife.
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil, juice and lime zest, chili powder and salt. Add the jicama slices, and mix well so that all the slices are fully coated.
- Place the slices of jicama, in a single layer, on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway, or until they begin to brown.
These chips are best eaten on the same day you bake them.