Tender and hearty cauliflower flavored with Indian spices. Super easy, simple, and the perfect weeknight dinner.
Indian-Spiced Cauliflower [Vegan]
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Rinse and drain chickpeas. Add to a baking sheet and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While chickpeas are baking, prepare the rest of the dish. To a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium high heat. Add whole coriander and cumin seeds. Toast for about 1 minute until they start to pop. Add onion, garlic, and salt. Cook for 5-6 minutes until onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle over turmeric, garam masala, curry powder, and ginger. Stir well to coat onions. Add tomato paste and 1 tbsp of water to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Add cauliflower florets and 1 tsp kosher salt. Stir well to coat cauliflower in the mixture. Add 1 cup of water to the pan, cover, and let cook for 8 minutes until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Add baked chickpeas (if not done, turn cauliflower down to low until chickpeas are cooked), juice from ½ lime, and lime zest. Season with salt as needed. Serve with rice, veggies of choice, and top with fresh cilantro and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.