This is a perfect salsa to add to a nacho bar if you are planning on having one for your next party – which is perfect to have at a Super Bowl Party!
How to Make Homemade Salsa Verde
- 15 whole peeled tomatillos
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, 1/2 seeded and cut up (remove all seeds or add the all depending on desired spice level)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add tomatillos and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and drain. In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and blend until combined. Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
I already know how!!!!!!
i grew a HUGE plant of tomatillos last spring and gave them away–i had no idea how to eat them–but they were beautiful on the bush, fun to grow, and the neighbors who knew about them, just enjoyed them! so i was pleased.
Love salsa verde, and grew tomatillos a few summers ago :)