This recipe mimics the flavors and textures of Rice Krispie Treats using more natural ingredients. These squares taste phenomenal, with the buttery richness of the macadamia nut butter and the sweetness of brown rice syrup.
Rice Krispie Treats [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Rice Krispie Treats [Vegan]
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons unrefined sugar (can reduce or omit, to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon agar powder
- 1 – 1 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups natural brown rice crisp cereal
How to Prepare Rice Krispie Treats [Vegan]
- Line an 8×8-in (20×20-cm) pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan on low-medium heat, combine macadamia butter, syrup, sugar, salt, agar powder, and vanilla.
- Stir continually as mixture heats until agar powder is fully dissolved (reduce heat if mixture starts bubbling).
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal, making sure to fully incorporate with nut butter mixture.
- Transfer mixture to pan and press in evenly (use an edge of parchment paper to press without sticking).
- Refrigerate to cool completely, then cut into squares.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 135 | Carbs: 19 g | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 1 g | Sodium: 26 mg | Sugar: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.