I thought I'd share with you my all-time favorite drink. It's the sort of thing you only have in the colder months. Hot whiskey was something I discovered in Ireland and loved ever since. You can't get a decent one in pubs in London. Every time I ask for one, the bartender just gives me a weird look and slowly shakes his head as if I've just asked for frog juice or something equally bizarre. But believe me when I say this is the best thing you'll ever drink.
Hot Whiskey [Vegan]
- 2-4 shots Jameson whiskey (or another Irish whiskey; Powers is a very good one, too.)
- 1 slice lemon
- 8 cloves
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
- Put the kettle on. Take two hot whiskey glasses, place a spoon in each and pour 5/8 cup hot water into the glasses to warm them up. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Half the lemon slice and prick 4 cloves into each half.
- Stir in a teaspoon of brown sugar into each glass until it dissolves.
- Add a shot (or two) of whiskey in each glass.
- Add the lemon halves and serve immediately.