This dairy free hot chocolate is a healthy (and more yummy) alternative to the common packaged powdered mixtures. This recipe is made using 100 percent, fresh, whole plant foods making it very healthy. It is so rich, decadent and creamy!
Hot Chocolate [Vegan]
- 2 cups filtered/spring water
- 4 medjool dates pre-soaked 2 hours
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons cashews pre-soaked 2 hours
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Blend until smooth and creamy then add to a saucepan.
- To keep it raw, gently heat until warmed.
- For a non-raw, and hotter drink, heat until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Add a dollop of non dairy yogurt or whipped cream and garnish with raw cacao nibs, if desired.