In case you were wondering, no, it does not taste like beans, and yes, it tastes like brownies! This recipe is flour-free and refined sugar-free, so this means you can take two or three and not feel guilty.
Kidney Bean Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar, High-Protein]
Ingredients You Need for Kidney Bean Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar, High-Protein]
- 2 cups of red beans cooked, washed, and drained
- 1/2 cup of defatted cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons cold coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 5 walnuts
How to Prepare Kidney Bean Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar, High-Protein]
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor, except the nuts, until a dense cream is created.
- Add the chopped walnuts and stir.
- Put the mixture in a mold lined with paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the oven and let it cool there.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1289 | Total Carbs: 192g | Total Fat: 54g | Total Protein: 28g | Total Sodium: 110mg | Total Sugar: 96gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.