In case you were wondering, no, it does not taste like beans, and yes, it tastes like brownies! This recipe is flour-free and refined sugar-free, so this means you can take two or three and not feel guilty.
Kidney Bean Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar, High-Protein]
- 2 cups of red beans cooked, washed, and drained
- 1/2 cup of defatted cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons cold coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 5 walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor, except the nuts, until a dense cream is created.
- Add the chopped walnuts and stir.
- Put the mixture in a mold lined with paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the oven and let it cool there.