Making vegan cheese has never been so easy. This garlic and herbs cheese is delicious, dairy-free, and has no added oil. Serve on bagels, bagel chips, crackers, or celery.
Herbed Soft Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Herbed Soft Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 of 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon agar agar powder
- Oil, to brush the ramekin.
How to Prepare Herbed Soft Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
- Soak the cashews for 1 hour in hot water.
- Drain the cashews and place them in a blender along with the basil, oregano, garlic, salt, cornstarch, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, maple syrup, and 1/2 cup water.
- Process for 1 minute and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water and agar agar powder. Add the cashew cream and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Pour into lightly-oiled ramekins and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Remove by turning upside down onto a board.
Total Calories: 400 | Total Carbs: 26 g | Total Fat: 28 g | Total Protein: 16 g | Total Sodium: 1090 g | Total Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.