This elegant method of preparing potatoes originated in Stockholm and it's about to become your go-to meal and snack. The potatoes are sliced and stuffed with a delectable blend of herbs and then served with a chive yogurt to dip them in. They're crispy, flavorful and so simple to make.
Herbed Hasselback Potatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For The Potatoes:
- 2.2 pounds young potatoes of equal size
- Canola oil or olive oil
- 1 clove young garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Bay leaves
- Sprigs of thyme
- Sprigs of rosemary
For the Garnish:
- Oxtail lettuce leaves
- Vegan yogurt
- Linseed oil
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and score them, crosswise, with 1/4-inch cuts. You can stick the potatoes with a skewer when you are finished to make them a bit easier to handle.
- Between the cuts in the potato, place a bay leaf and a sprig thyme.
- Remove the skewer and replace it with a sprig of rosemary.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking tray, season them with salt and pepper, a sprinkling oil, and some diced garlic.
- Bake them in the oven, at 350°F degrees, for approximately one hour or until the potatoes get crispy.
- Dice the chives and mix them with the yogurt.
- Serve the potatoes on a bed of lettuce with the yogurt and add the rest of the garnishes as you like.