This is a super tasty vegan almond cheese that you can easily make at home. Just a handful of simple ingredients combine into a delicious plant-based treat! It’s really flavorful and works well in so many different dishes, but you might want to eat this vegan almond cheese on its own! It’s that good!
Herb and Garlic Almond Cheese [Vegan]
- 1.5 cups plant milk (eg. almond, oat, rice, coconut, soy etc)
- 1/2 cup almonds blanched
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoon sea salt (Celtic or Himalayan)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon agar agar powder
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup hot boiled water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- Firstly, you're going to need a medium sized saucepan, a blender and some cheese molds (I used mini spring form cake tins)
- Add all the ingredients (except the coating mix) into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium size saucepan and gradually bring to the boil before reducing heat to a simmer.
- After 5-10 minutes the mixture will become thick and creamy (see video for full step by step instructions). Quickly pour the mixture into your cheese moulds
- Place the cheese moulds into the fridge for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from moulds and carefully roll in the coating mix to coat the edges - this makes the cheese look great and taste even better!