Cold days call for warm, delicious soup! This hearty dish will fill you up with lots of nourishing ingredients.
Hearty Vegetable Sausage Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 package of vegan/gf sausage or brats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1- 28 ounce can of chopped tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 32 ounces of vegetable stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper
- Add your oil of choice to a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium flame. Once hot, add your vegan sausage.
- Cook until browned on the exterior for about 6-8 minutes. Remove once browned and slice into bite-sized pieces, set aside.
- Into your hot pan add your garlic, carrots, celery and bell peppers. Cook until the veggies release their liquid and soften a bit – this may take about 8 minutes or so.
- Once tender, add your tomatoes, stock and seasonings. Cover and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Taste to adjust salt and pepper. Serve over a small pasta or rice, with some crusty bread or crackers.