These bars taste like a sinfully delicious treat, but they're actually super light and healthy! Only 66 calories each, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, oil-free, and low-carb. Looking like a peanut butter brownie, these will more than satisfy a sweet craving without any icky stuff that racks up calories. Win-win.
Healthy Peanut Butter Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Healthy Peanut Butter Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 cup peanut flour
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 cup sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave syrup, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon natural butter flavor (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water (more if needed to facilitate blending)
How to Prepare Healthy Peanut Butter Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°F, spray 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Add oats to blender, and process until flour-like consistency is reached.
- Add in remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
You can purchase natural butter flavor online.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Fat: 1 g | Total Sodium: 126 mg | Total Carbs: 9 g | Total Protein: 4 g| Total Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.