These bars taste like a sinfully delicious treat, but they're actually super light and healthy! Only 66 calories each, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, oil-free, and low-carb. Looking like a peanut butter brownie, these will more than satisfy a sweet craving without any icky stuff that racks up calories. Win-win.
Healthy Peanut Butter Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 cup peanut flour
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 cup sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave syrup, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon natural butter flavor (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water (more if needed to facilitate blending)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, spray 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Add oats to blender, and process until flour-like consistency is reached.
- Add in remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
You can purchase natural butter flavor online.